Emerald Coast Parkinson Assist, Inc (ECPA) is a 501 C3 not for profit corporation committed to providing services and assistance to people who are living with Parkinson's.
The mission of ECPA is to maximize the quality of life (mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual) of people with Parkinson's disease throughout their lives.
Though it may seem surprising, there are many people with Parkinson's who do not have the connections, information or finances to improve their quality of life.
Resources: Enhancements to quality of life.
2. Individual and group exercise programs (Family Martial Arts, 3031 Gulf Breeze Pkwy)
3. Support Groups
4. Counseling: emotional, spiritual, and physical
5. Camaraderie - matching our friends with other local Parkinson's individuals where they can share their unique stories and successes.
Exercise groups meet Monday and Wednesday at 12 noon and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00pm. Support Groups meet monthly and are scheduled before the exercise program.
1. Exercise. All types are beneficial, however certain exercises are superior at creating new neural pathways. We occasionally bring in guest instructors from disciplines such as Yoga and Tai Chi.
2. Diet. Some dietary changes may make medications work better. There are a few other strategies that help with symptom side effects and medication effectiveness.
3. Social. Becoming a member of the Parkinson's community can help the newly diagnosed PD sufferers cope with the accompanying anxiety and depression.
4. Other. Individual PD sufferers have experimented with a wide variety of strategies for minimizing many of the more uncomfortable aspects of PD including massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, heat (sauna/hot tub) and more.